- To identify reasons why an
interest in learning was revived in Western Europe in the 12c.
- To explain why learning was difficult
for students in a medieval university.
- To list the steps necessary in
becoming a teacher/scholar in medieval Europe.
- To explain how scholars in 12c-13c
Western Europe became familiar with writings of the ancient Greeks.
- To analyze the role played by the
writing and ideas of St. Thomas Aquinas in medieval scholarship.
- To describe the process by which a
young nobleman learned to become a medieval knight.
- To list the requirements of the
- To explain why there was such an
interest in poems of romantic love during the High Middle Ages.
- To analyze the ways in which the role
of upper class women changed during the High Middle Ages.
- To describe the major differences
between Romanesque and Gothic architecture.