- To describe THREE improvements
in farming that took place in the Middle Ages.
- To explain how each improvement in
farming helped to increase the food supply.
- To identify the reasons for the rise
of towns during the High Middle Ages.
- To explain why townspeople made up a
new social class in medieval society.
- To identify the social, political,
and economic position that Jews had in medieval European society.
- To analyze the reasons for the
persecution of Jews in medieval Europe.
- To explain why it was no longer
necessary for manors to be self-sufficient.
- To identify some of the main trade
centers of the High Middle Ages.
- To list some of the regulations
imposed by the guilds on their members.
- To distinguish between a merchant
guild and a craft guild.
- To compare and contrast life on the
manor with life in the medieval town.
- To explain how townspeople became
independent of the feudal system.