- To describe how civilization
declined following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire.
- To identify the THREE roots of
medieval culture in Western Europe.
- To show how the Germanic ideas of
government differed from the Roman ideas.
- To explain how Christianity spread
during the Early Middle Ages.
- To evaluate the role that Clovis'
conversion played in the spread of Christianity among the Franks.
- To analyze the role played by St.
benedict in the development of the monastic system throughout Medieval
- To describe the way of life in a
- To discuss the importance of medieval
monasteries to the preservation of Western civilization.
- To list the achievements of Pope
- To support the following
statement: The Roman Catholic Church became an increasingly
powerful and unifying force in medieval Europe.