- To explain the general attitude
that the Roman government took toward most religions.
- To show why Judaism and Christianity
did not fit into the Roman Empire.
- To explain the relationship between
Rome and the Jews in Judea in the 1c CE.
- To summarize the major religious
ideas of Jesus Christ.
- To discuss reasons why Christianity
appealed to so many different people/groups within the Roman Empire.
- To analyze the importance of Paul to
the spreading of Christianity throughout the Roman Empire.
- To be able to show visually [through
some graphic organizer] the hierarchical structure of the early
- To explain how and why the Roman
government attacked Christianity.