- To identify the reasons why the plebeians were dissatisfied with Rome's
government in the early years of the Republic.
- To explain how the plebeians won reforms and list the changes brought about
in Roman government and society by these reforms.
- To describe the major characteristics of the Roman government during the Republic.
- To compare and contrast the attitudes of the Romans and the Athenians regarding
the extension of their citizenship to other conquered peoples.
- To describe the characteristics and major distinctions between the three Punic
- To support or refute the following statement: The battle of Zama was a turning point in history.
- To analyze reasons why Rome became more ruthless in her treatment of conquered
peoples as her Mediterranean empire grew.