- To define the term "classical" and identify the characteristics
that make something a "classic."
- To explain how Pericles strengthened Athens' position as a leader of Greece.
- To describe ways in which Greek art and architecture (especially that of Athens)
reflect the values of classical Hellenic culture.
- To explain the importance of the drama to the polis.
- To examine the differences between the lives of Athenian girls and women with
that of Athenian boys and men.
- To analyze the causes and effects of the Peloponnesian War on the Greek polei.
- To discuss the philosophic views of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle as well as
their contributions to the development of Western thought, government, and science.
- To support or refute the following statement: The Age of Periclean Athens was truly the 'Golden Age' of Hellenic culture.