- To understand how the areas
settled by the Greeks differed from the Fertile Crescent region, the
Nile River Valley, the Indus River valley, and ancient China.
- To identify the major geographic
features of the Balkan peninsula and southern European/eastern
- To explain how ancient Greek society
was influenced and shaped by its major geographic features.
- To be able to distinguish between
Minoan and Mycenaean societies that existed in Greece and on nearby
islands in the Bronze Age.
- To analyze the effects of the Dorian
migrations on Greek civilization.
- To describe the main themes in
Homer's epic poems and be able to understand the role played by these
works in shaping ancient Greek culture.
- To identify ways in which the Greek
religion was different from the religions of ancient Egypt and the