- To explain how Rome's victory in
the Punic Wars created conditions that led to the end of the Roman
- To discuss ways in which slavery
undermined Roman society.
- To identify the reforms that the
Gracchi Brothers tried to make and to evaluate their success or
- To explain how military leaders were
able to gain political power in Rome.
- To describe the main cause and the
long-term effects of Marius' decision to allow the roman poor to
enlist in the army.
- To list and analyze the
accomplishments of Julius Caesar.
- To analyze the methods used by
Octavian Augustus to gain power.
- To identify the major events which
led to changing Rome from a republic to one-man rule.