- To explain the medieval view of
- To analyze the differences between
the geocentric and heliocentric theories.
- To identify the FOUR stages in the
- To distinguish between the main
ideas/discoveries of Copernicus, Brahe, Kepler, Galileo, and Newton.
- To discuss reasons why Galileo came
into conflict with the Catholic Church and how he dealt with the
- To explain the contributions made by
Andreas Vesalius and William Harvey to the study
of the human anatomy.
- To list the major new instruments
that came into use during the Scientific Revolution as well as the
purpose of each.
- To analyze how Sir Isaac Newton's
theories revolutionized the thinking about the universe.
- To discuss how the Protestant
Reformation and the Scientific Revolution were related to each other.