- To be able to discuss the nature and responsibilities
of an Egyptian pharaoh of the Old Kingdom.
- To understand the role of pyramids in ancient
Egyptian politics, religion, and society.
- To be able to argue the following statement
(pro or con) --> The Great Pyramid of Cheops is qualified
to rank as one of the 'Seven Wonders of the
- To explain why the Egyptians gave the name
"First Illness" to the years around
2100 B. C. E.
- To explain how the Hyksos conquest contributed
strongly to the rise of Egyptian imperialism.
- To identify the ways in which the pharaohs
of the Middle Kingdom helped restore prosperity
- To analyze the reasons for the change in
the pharaoh's rule during the New Kingdom
and the consequences for Egypt of these changes
- To explain how the architecture and sculpture
of the ancient Egyptians symbolized their
- To discuss the roles played by Hatshepsut
and Thutmose III in the history of the New
- To list reasons for the downfall of the Egyptian
civilization after the death of Ramses II.
- To be able to defend the following statement:
The history of ancient Egypt was marked by
periods of prosperity and strong rule interspersed
with periods of weakness.