- To be able to create a hierarchical chart
depicting the social classes in ancient Egypt.
- To identify the major religious beliefs of
the ancient Egyptians.
- To discuss how the belief in the afterlife
affected Egyptian religious ideas and funeral
- To analyze the nature of the power held by
priests and scribes in the Egyptian religion.
- To explain how Egyptian temple and tomb art
reflected their religious values.
- To describe the similarities and/or differences
between the Mesopotamian and ancient Egyptian
systems of writing.
- To explain the position of women in ancient
Egyptian society and to show how that role
differed from that in most other ancient
- To list some of the scientific achievements
of the ancient Egyptians.
- To identify the most important contributions
of the ancient Egyptians to world civilization
and to describe which aspects of this legacy,
if any, are still visible today.