- To identify the major artists of the Northern Renaissance.
- To analyze how the themes and topics of the works of those Northern Renaissance
artists differed from those of the Italian Renaissance.
- To describe the criticisms made of many popes and other clergy during the 15c
and early 16c.
- To discuss the role that the monk Savonarola played in the growing call for
- To identify the major Northern Christian humanists and to analyze the ways in
which they were different from their Italian humanist counterparts.
- To list the ways in which the printing press (and the Northern Christian humanists)
prepared the way for the Protestant Reformation.