- To describe the powers claimed
by Pope Boniface VIII at the end of the 13c.
- To discuss the actions taken by
Philip IV of France in response to Pope Boniface VIII's issuing of the
papal bull, Unam Sanctam.
- To explain why the popes moved to
Avignon, France from Rome, Italy.
- To explain why the period 1309 to1376
was called the "Babylonian Captivity."
- To list the major ideas of John
- To describe the fate of John Huss.
- To explain how the church ended the
- To analyze the causes of the Black
Death as well as the political, social, and economic effects it had on
- To discuss the causes of the Hundred
- To describe the role that Joan of Arc
played in the Hundred Years' War.
- To identify the new weapons
technologies used in the Hundred Years' War.
- To explain the reasons why the
Hundred Years' War weakened the feudal system.