- To analyze the importance of the
gold-salt trade to the development of West Africa between 300 and 1600
- To explain how Ghana's rulers
maintained their empire.
- To list the major achievements of
- To describe the role which Ibn
Battuta played in the history of Africa and the medieval Muslim world.
- To explain why Sunni Ali and Askia
Muhammad were considered to be two extraordinary rulers of Songhai.
- To identify the causes of the fall of
the Songhai Empire.
- To describe the importance of
Timbuktu to trans-Saharan Africa.
- To discuss the reasons why Ghana,
Mali, and Songhai could be called the "Kingdoms of Wealth