- Identify the various political factions present at the Second
- What was the significance of the Battle of Bunker/Breed's Hill?
- What was the Olive Branch petition and what was King George III's
response to it?
- Describe the role of Thomas Paine in the American Revolution and
explain the impact of his pamphlet, Common Sense, on the
American movement toward independence.
- What reasons did Thomas Jefferson give to justify revolt by the
- Explain the connection between John Locke's contract theory of
government and Thomas Jefferson's Declaration of Independence.
- Why do you think that when Jefferson borrowed Locke's ideas, he
changed the rights of man from life, liberty, and property to
life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?
- Which groups in colonial America tended to be Loyalists and which
tended to be Patriots?
- How did the Loyalists thinking differ from that of the Patriots?
- On whose side did the following groups fight and why -- African
slaves, Quakers, Native Americans?