- What strategy did the U. S. use in fighting the Japanese in the
- In what way was the American victory at Midway and the Japanese
triumph at Pearl Harbor alike?
- Why was Okinawa a significant island in the war in the Pacific?
- When the first atomic test bomb was exploded on July 16, 1945 near
Almagordo, NM, Dr. Robert J. Oppenheimer remarked: I have
become Death--the Destroyer of Worlds. What did he mean by
- What were the pros and cons concerning the dropping of bombs on
Japanese cities in August, 1945?
- What decisions did Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin make at the
- How was the United Nations organized?
- Why did the Allies hold war crimes trials after World War
II? What were the actual charges made against the defendants
- What were the crimes committed by the Japanese special "Unit
731"? What happened to the members of this unit after the
- What were the most significant results of the U. S. occupation of