- What were the major long-term causes of World War I?
- Identify the specific political agendas of the following
nations/peoples on the eve of war in 1914 --> France, Germany,
Britain, Austria-Hungary, Russia, Serbia, the Poles, the Czechs.
- What role did imperialism play in aggravating tensions between the
European colonial powers?
- Why was the Bosnian Crisis a foreshadowing of the greater global
conflict to come?
- Why did the European nations mobilize so quickly after Archduke
Franz Ferdinand's assassination?
- What was the Schlieffen Plan? Did it accomplish its goal?
- Who were some of the groups that most opposed America's entry into
World War I? What were their arguments?
- Identify some of the reasons why many Americans were more
sympathetic to the Allied side.
- How successful were the British naval blockades?
- How did the German U-Boat campaign affect U. S. public opinion and
- What events finally prompted President Wilson to ask for a
declaration of war in the spring of 1917?
- In your opinion, should the U. S. have entered World War I?
Be ready to support your position.